Salty Cowboy offers RESPONSIBLE HORSE RIDING. This means NO overworked, underfed or commercially ‘overexploited’ horses.
Indonesian local horses are not as strong as Warmbloods, therefore, we have a weight limit for each horse. Our strongest horse can carry a maximum of 70 kg. This prevents their backs or legs from getting damaged by carrying too much weight.
Without the continued support from our riders, we cannot continue to rescue horses and keep our dream alive. If you would to support our stables, please consider donating to our rescues. The team at Salty Cowboy thanks you for your support.
The private horse riding lessons take place in our Arena for recreational or skilled horse riders.
Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of the Salty Cowboy stables while you improve your riding skills and if you are a beginner to become a horse rider.
Private horse owners are welcome to train with our instructors and bring their riding skills to a higher level.
FUN LESSON: JOIN UP
60 MINUTES - 660.000
PACKAGE OF 10 - 6.600.000 (PROMO PRICE)
Introduction to natural horsemanship, in this fun lesson you will learn how to ‘join up’ a horse. Join up is the moment that the horse likes to stay with you and chooses to be with you. Learn the basic of how to speak ‘horse’ and get a deeper connection with - and understanding of horses. This lesson is hands-on and does not involve riding the horse.
60 MINUTES - 600.000
Learn the finer art of grooming. There is more to grooming than a daily brush and the occasional shower. Especially in Bali where we have a damp and hot climate. One hour tips and tricks from our stable manager and the opportunity to ask all your questions about grooming.
FUN PACKED PACKAGE
PACKAGE OF 10 (60 MINUTES) -
6.600.000 (PROMO PRICE)
A great combination of all thing horse! Get an insight of the training methods that we use for the horses, a fun and hands on 'peak in the kitchen' and learn about interacting with horses in this unique combination of:
1 Natural Horsemanship Lesson *
1 Free Lunging Lesson *
1 Free Jumping Lesson *
1 Lunging Lesson *
1 Rice Field Ride
1 Beach Ride
1 Master Class Grooming *
2 Riding Lessons with saddle
1 Riding Lesson without saddle
* Lessons with a * are without riding and involve groundwork, natural horsemanship and understanding of and connecting with your horse, handling a horse and care-taking.
HORSE WHISPERER INTENSIVE COURSE
PACKAGE OF 10 HOURS INTENSIVE COURSE FOR TWO PEOPLE - 6.600.000 PER PERSON
This unique package is for everyone: men and women, boys and girls. No weight limits. Ages 8 and up. For all level riders!
Spread over 2 to 3 days you will learn how to speak horse. Hands on.
This is your chance to become a horse whisperer and use this newly gained knowledge in your riding. Everybody can learn the language. There is no magic to it, all technique!
Body awareness, body language and use of your energy will be your new tools to communicate with horses.
Learn horsemanship techniques and ask all the questions you’d like to ask. This package takes you OFF the horse and you will learn what horse behaviour and horse communication is like. Being on the ground with a horse gives you a different perspective that is useful for your riding abilities.
You will learn to understand the impact of your body language, aids and energy on horse behaviour.
* Do you having fear of riding?
* Are you a beginner rider?
* Do you want to build confidence around horses?
* Do you want to learn how to handle a horse and lead a horse without being in trouble?
* Do you want to learn how to communicate out of the saddle?
Then this is the package just for you! Offered only at Salty Cowboy.
Connect with horses. Understand their behaviour and best of all, learn how to speak ‘horse’.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
* 10 hours intensive course spread over 2 or 3 days
* During the course we will take out several horses to train with.
* theory time where you can have a coffee/water break and ask all the questions you have.
* The course includes 2 hours of master class grooming/horse care ánd learn how to muck out a stable by our stable manager.
* This course is mandatory for all riders that want to follow regular riding lessons with Simone at Salty Cowboy